Monday, January 24, 2011

24

chapter 24

"Let each disciple of Jesus seek to avail himself of the rights of his royal priesthood, and use the power placed at his disposal for his circle and his work. Let Christians awake and hear the message: your prayer can obtain what otherwise will be withheld, can accomplish what otherwise remains undone."

Again, this is simply encouraging. It takes prayer out of something we do in order not to feel guilty or something we do to check in with God. It is a place where things CHANGE. It is a place where God wants to meet with us, tell us His heart, and effect change in our lives and in the lives of others.

I loved what Murray said earlier in the chapter about how much God trusts us because He has given us His name. I oftentimes think the Lord is a bit crazy for what He has entrusted to us, but it is also inspiring to have the creator of the universe on your side. I want all of us to be awakened to just how great God is towards us, and as we are, our prayers will change. Instead of coming into the place of prayer thinking that we have to convince God to do something, I want us coming to Him convinced that He is for us and will accomplish what we are asking for in His name.

1 comment:

  1. I love the analogy he uses of a bride in poverty being united to a bridegroom, thus taking his name. She gives up her name and now has the full right to use his.

    I imagine it's an interesting transition after you get married suddenly trying to become comfortable with a new and different last name. That's a big change in identity.

    Jesus has done this for us and has given us the opportunity to have our identity in His name now instead of ours. I feel like I am still looking back at my old self saying, "wait, but I'm dana....", rather than owning my "new last name".

    ReplyDelete